Master Your Finances
a bookkeeping and accounting course
Free your mind. Master Your Finances.
Save Money + Audit Proof Your Business
We’ll show you how to do your monthly bookkeeping in just 20 minutes per month. No stress, no hassle.
Tax season will be a breeze because you have everything you need to file your taxes yourself or send them off to a tax preparer (with our help)!
You’ll understand how to read important financial documents, compare your numbers to industry averages, set financial goals, save and grow your business.
We’ll also show you how to get a system in place to automate your bookkeeping and audit-proof your business.
We’ll also go through key ratios, basic tax information every business owner needs to know, how to create a regular bookkeeping system that works for you, internal control measures and so much more!
Hear from some of our students!
It is designed for someone who:
- really wants to understand the accounting side of their business.
- is fed up trying to figure it out alone.
- wants to be empowered to do their bookkeeping themselves.
- would like to train someone in their company to take this part of their business over.
- is terrified of the words “tax” or “audit”
This course slowly breaks down the topic of accounting so that it’s simple and easy for anyone to understand.
There is no accounting or bookkeeping background required.
Morgan de Klerk, professional accountant, will walk through the course with you step-by-step as if she is sitting right there next to you.
Each video comes with printable study guides and homework to ensure you understand each topic and are able to do it yourself.
But you won’t be doing it alone!
Also included in the course is a MYF Facebook community group with professional accountants and other fellow students. This acts as a resource to answer any questions you might have along the way. It’s basically like having a personal accountant on hand 24/7!
May this be a pivotal point in your business career that breaks the chains of anxiety and fear that your money has over you.
May it create a sense of empowerment, knowing that you really understand the books of your business and can now confidently make financial decisions going forward.
What are you waiting for?
GET STARTED MASTERING YOUR FINANCES TODAY!
MEET YOUR TEACHER
Morgan de Klerk
I’m an accountant and finance guru passionate about helping small business owners & digital nomads manage their money and lead them to the financial freedom that that brings.
With two BBA degrees in Accounting and International Business, summa cum laude, I have experience in bookkeeping/accounting, scaling businesses around the world from 4-digits to 6-digit figures a month, administering and preparing a $4.5 million dollar budget, and helping multiple small businesses, freelancers and NPOs get off the ground.
I love helping virtual businesses and digital nomads because I am one of the same. I have represented my work around the world, including but not limited to, Peru, China, South Africa, Turkey, Israel, Vietnam, Thailand, and Cambodia. Although originally from the States, I am currently based with my husband in Cape Town, South Africa.
Here's everything you'll learn in this course:
Back to Basics ($500 Value!)
- Including a Case Study to get started!
Automate Your Books ($2500 Value!)
- Starting with Quickbooks
- Set-up and customize
- Customer Invoicing
- Supplier Invoicing
- Cash based vs accrual bases
- Chart of accounts
- Connecting bank accounts
- Importing statements
- Paypal allocating
- Check account allocating
- Stripe allocating
- Petty cash allocating
- Splitting transactions
- Multi currency
- Reconcile accounts
- Statements and reports
- Journal entries
Save More Money ($1000 Value!)
- What budgeting is and why it’s important
- Step by step budget creation
Make More Money ($1000 Value!)
- Key ratios you need to know
- How to manage your monthly budget
Breeze Through Tax Season ($500 Value!)
- Tax Q & A
- Using Quickbooks to track 1099’s
Audit Proof Your Business ($800 Value!)
- Build a sustainable bookkeeping system
- Have control measures in place if you’re ever audited
50% off QB online subscription AND a free $50 visa card ($100 Value!)
Accounting Study Guide Material and Checklists ($1000 Value!)
Private Facebook Members Group ($300 Value!)
For a total value of $7700!
Are you ready to Master Your Finances?
GET STARTED TODAY
Not quite ready for the full course? Or just want to learn a piece of everything MYF has to offer?
We also offer all of our modules and Bonuses as individual courses!! Get exactly the modules you need.
Beginners Basics: Accounting 101
This chapter goes through the basics of accounting. Through the example of Donna (you’ll meet her in our case study ;), we’ll cover:
- Bookkeeping lingo and definitions— know what terms mean when you hear them “out in the wild”
- Account types and descriptions—know where to allocate your different transactions to and why
- Accounting equation—learn how to keep your books in balance and why this matters
- Debits and Credits— what debits and credits mean and why this is important in accounting
- Which accounting method is best for you—there are two different types of accounting methods. We’ll go through them both and I’ll help you determine which one is best for you and
- where your business is at
- Things to remember—important things to note going forward
- Where to start—if it all seems overwhelming, I’ll show you EXACTLY where to start with a practical application at the end
QB Training 1
This chapter will get you started with QuickBooks and teach you all the basics to get begin your own bookkeeping. I’ll help you:
- Determine which QuickBooks package is right for you
- Get you all set-up and teach you how to customize your account, invoices, and statements so that you look professional from day 1
- How to set up QuickBooks payments
- How to turn on the multi-currency function (*note we only learn how to apply this function in QuickBooks Training 2)
- How to make invoices for customers and what’s important to include
- How to record invoices when people send them to you
- Cash-based vs accrual-based accounting methods and how your accounting method affects your invoicing
- How to create your chart of accounts and categorize your accounts correctly
- How to connect your bank accounts to QuickBooks so that you can save countless hours of manual importing
- How to manually import your statements if your bank account cannot connect to QuickBooks
- How to allocate your PayPal bank account and transactions
- How to allocate your checking accounts, savings accounts, and credit card transactions
- How to allocate your Stripe bank account and transactions
- How to get a “cash on hand” or petty cash system in place
- How to record your cash transactions in QuickBooks
QB Training 2
This chapter will take everything you learned in QuickBooks training 1 one step further. We’ll learn
- How to split transactions if there are refunds, bank charges, different purchases, etc.
- How to use the multi-currency function if you operate in more than one currency (ideal for expats or digital nomads or freelancers with clients in different countries)
- How to reconcile your accounts and ensure your books are correct and in balance. This is crucial to your accounting system.
- How to download your financial statements and reports periodically or at the end of each month
- Which reports are necessary as a business owner
- How to read statements and learn to interpret what the numbers mean
- How to create journal entries and learn when it’s necessary to do so
Plan Your Future: Budgeting & Financial Management
It’s great to know your numbers but the real magic takes place when you begin setting financial goals and budgeting. This chapter will teach you:
- What budgeting is and why it’s important
- Step by step video on how to create your unique budget
- Key ratios you need to know and how to compare yourself to industry standards
- How to manage your monthly budget going forward and compare your actual figures with your budgeted figures *monthly report template included.
Be Prepared: Tax
Through a Q & A session with tax expert Jeff Trout, we’ll learn:
- What should the first steps be for a new business/sole proprietor?
- What should business owners keep track of during the year?
- What are common expenses to take advantage of/note down to help lower taxes?
- What is the suggested percentage of your income to save for taxes?
- What is the difference between a contractor and an employee of a business? How does it differ tax-wise?
- When do you recommend a business owner to hop on a payroll system? How does payroll differ than just paying someone normally?
- What is the difference between quarterly vs annual taxes and when does a business need to start paying quarterly taxes?
- If someone drives for business, should they track their mileage for tax time?
- How does a business track its assets and depreciation for tax purposes and is that something that their tax practitioner can help them with at year-end?
- If you’re an American business owner: What is the difference between using your SSN for taxes and using an EIN? Does it matter?
- If you’re an American business owner: What is a 1099 and when do they need to be turned in?
- If you’re an American business owner: How to use QuickBooks to track 1099’s
Keep It Simple: Your system & Internal Control
In this chapter, we’ll learn how to:
- Get a bookkeeping system in place that works for you every single time (so that you don’t fall behind)
- When to connect with an accountant and what to look for
- Get your petty cash system set up
- Get your receipt and invoice filing system in place
- Monthly checklist provided to print out and use each month so that you know exactly what needs to be done and when. No more stressing!
This private members group acts as a great resource to encourage you and answer any questions you might have along the way. It is filled with fellow students as well as professional accountants to answer all your questions. It’s like having a personal accountant on hand 24/7.
We have weekly coaching calls where Morgan de Klerk goes through all your questions and does tutorials via screen share. We also have guest experts come in and teach us a new topic to expand and enhance our course knowledge.
Frequently Asked Questions
This course is designed specifically for contractors, freelancers, digital nomads, and/or small business owners.
This course is simple and easy to understand for anyone. There is no accounting or bookkeeping background required.
Yes, it will! Quickbooks Online is offered in almost every country in the world. View this list to make sure your country is included. If not, you can use the US QuickBooks Online and change your home currency (the course shows you how to do this and use the multi-currency function).
The tax information is US specific but the principles apply to individuals from all countries.
The course consists of a total of 6-hours of video footage, plus additional study guides and homework that you can move through at your own pace. Once you buy the course, you have life-time access. That means you can move through the course as slow or as quick as you’d like as your schedule allows. You can also refer back to the course later if you ever run into trouble.
No! No accounting or bookkeeping background is required.
Definitely not! Cash-based bookkeeping (the accounting method this course covers) it not math. It is merely the organization of banking transactions that have already taken place. And anyone can organize 😉
Yes. A computer or laptop with internet access is required to complete this course. The student portal is through a website and we work with QuickBooks Online (also a website).
Yes. Once you buy this course, you have life-time access through the student portal.
Included with the course is also a 6-month membership to the MYF Facebook community group. The 6-months begin from your date of purchase. After the 6-months are over, you can choose to stay in the group by paying a monthly fee of $27 or a once-off annual fee $187.
Morgan de Klerk, founder and trainer, is available to students via email throughout the entire course. Also included in the course is a MYF Facebook community group with professional accountants and other fellow students. This acts as a resource to encourage you and answer any questions you might have along the way. And, of course, our team is always here if you’d like to receive additional assistance.
“Nothing will work unless you do.”
The results from this course depend on the amount of effort you put into it. Each video comes with printable study guides and homework to ensure you understand each topic and are able to do it yourself going forward. If you follow the videos carefully and use the materials provided, you will start seeing results immediately.
She is not. However, she is a professional accountant who provides accounting services to clients using QuickBooks Online. She bases her training off her prior personal experience working successfully with clients all over the world.
No. Each module comes with printable study guides, homework, and required templates. Additional reading material may be beneficial to understand the more advanced topics of accounting but it is not necessary to complete and see results from this course.
If you think you can’t afford it, remember that buying this course is an investment in yourself, your business, and your future. It will help you manage and grow your business. If you want to grow, your accounting needs to be in order.
If you’re worried about the course being too hard, we’d say “don’t miss out on something great just because it could also be difficult.” The fact that you aren’t where you want to be should be motivation enough. “Great things never came from comfort zones.”
If you’re not sure you’re ready for a course like this, we’d say that there is almost no such thing as being “ready”. There is only now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any. “Focus on the step in front of you, not the whole staircase.” (Martin Luther King, Jnr.)
If you’re not sure if this is the right course for you, keep looking around and see what else you find! But remember, “The cost of being wrong is less than the cost of doing nothing.” (Seth Godin). You need to do something to get your accounting in order and we think this course is exactly what you need.
You may be terrified to your very core, but I promise, this moment of courage will push you forward into something more than what was before. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.
“It’s impossible.” said pride.
“It’s risky” said experience.
“It’s pointless” said reason.
“Give it a try” whispered the heart.
No. We do not cover the advanced bookkeeping topic of inventory.
No. Included with the course is a 6-month membership to the MYF Facebook community group. The 6-months begin from your date of purchase. After the 6-months are over, you can choose to stay in the group by paying a monthly fee of $27 or a once-off annual fee $187.
Your satisfaction with our product is important to us. Yet, because of the extensive time, effort, preparation and care that goes into creating and/or providing our course, study guides, templates and homework materials, we do not provide refunds under any circumstance. Most of our content is digital and, therefore, offering refunds could result in the illegal duplication of our course materials and it would not be fair to other individuals who have also bought the course.
Master your finances GIVES BACK
At Master Your Finances, we are passionate about our community and giving back in each and every way that we can.
Know that when you work with us, we will not only meet your needs,
but your money will go toward a greater cause.
The main organization we currently give to is Rural Reach, a South African non-profit aimed at providing the basic necessities to those living in the rural areas within and around Southern African. Master Your Finances provides social media management and accounting services to this organization at no charge; whilst also giving a percentage of our profits to further aid their mission and volunteering any chance we can.